11/09/2012

Active voice VS Passive voice

Dear xamoyela.blogspot,

Could you please tell me the grammatical definition of the active and passive voice? I know the difference, but how do you explain each of them?

Thanks,
Steve


Hi Steve!

I'm happy you know both voices and that you use them correctly.
Here are the grammatical terms of each:



Active Voice:  one of two voices in English; a direct form of expression where the subject performs the verb. E.g. “Many children play video games”.

Passive Voice: one of two voices in English; an indirect form of expression in which the subject receives the action. Eg. “Video games are played by many children”.


I hope this is what you were looking for!
If you need any further assistance, please contact me :)

A @ xamoyela

 

No comments:

Post a Comment