25/07/2016

Words of the Day!

Good morning peeps!!

So today I was thinking about starting a "Words of the Day" feature and here it is!!!

What is it?
Well, every week I'll open up my trusty dictionary at random and choose three words from the two pages in front of me!! Some random vocabulary... Why not? ;) ;)



And the Words of the Day are:

keepsake
kennel
ketchup

What's a keepsake?? keepsake (n) = a gift, usually small and not very costly, that is kept in memory of the giver or previous owner (if the gift was something that belonged to them).
e.g. My best friend gave me a key-chain as a keepsake to always remember her.
My grandma gave me one of her brooches as a keepsake.


kennel (n) = shelter for a pet dog or a place where dogs are bred or cared for.
e.g. They put their dogs into kennels when they go on holiday.
His dog lives in a kennel in the backyard.

ketchup (n) = a thick sauce made from tomatoes (and vinegar) and is used cold as a seasoning.
e.g. She always puts tons of ketchup on her fries and hot-dog!

I think you all know what ketchup is!! ;) ;)


I hope you all enjoyed this mini-burst of vocab!
Have a great week! :) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment